Wednesday, January 26, 2011

(Cantonese) God listens to prayers - 上帝聽禱告



As for this song, the music arrangement simply blew me away.. In fact, I was reflecting if God heard my prayer to take away my chest pains, which by the way, came back in full force.. And this song hit at the right time.. YESSS!! I did cry.. I know i know, i like to cry... anyway.. Here's the lyrics!

It's a bit tough to translate, I hope i did ok.. Please comment if you find anything wrong.. Thanks!

Oh by the way, this song is a conversation between a Human and Angel.. So later part, i will just put H for Human and A for Angel

上帝聽禱告 (曲:西伯 詞:西伯)
God listens to prayers
(人說) Human said
誰了解此時我心正淚流像火燙!
Who can understand right now my heart is tearing like flame!
從我心燒如炭火,
My heart is burning like charcoal
又像冰將我封鎖!
yet it freezes up shut!
黑髮一夜白頭,
My black hair turn white overnight
我往絕望路走,
I'm walking on a desperate road
神啊,可否聽聽我禱?
Lord, are You listening to my prayers?

問你可聽到我在傾訴?
Asking if You could hear my complains?
今我無話問蒼天;
I have nothing else to ask the Heavens
我看前路極灰暗,
The road before me is dusty and dark
試問誰為我指引?
Who would guide me?
我軟弱可知道?
Do You know I am weak?
我問誰可改變?
I am asking who can change?
若你真的為我犧牲,
If You really sacrificed for me, 
你定必會聽我禱告。
You will definitely listen to my prayers

(天使說)
Angel said
神了解此時你心,
God understands your feelings now
眼淚從未輕看。
tears are never taken lightly
從最初一如最初,
From the beginning, since the beginning,
從來不變不改!
He's always the same
心裏不用懷疑,
Do not doubt in your heart
冀盼未盡未熄,
The hope has not ended or diminished
神會聽聲聲的嘆息!
God hears every sighs and moans

(天使說)上帝聽禱告,
A: God hears prayers
(人說)我在禱告,
H: I am praying
(天使說)因祂愛永不止息。
A: Because His love never stop to rest
(人說)我看前路極灰暗。
H: The road ahead is dusty and dark
(天使說)就讓神為你指引。
A: Let God guide you
(人說)我軟弱,
H: I am weak
(天使說)祂擁抱!
A: He'll hold you
(人說)我未能,
H: I can't
(天使說)祂可以!
A: He can!
(天使說)上帝應許讓你艱辛最後跨過,
A: God promised to bring you over the tough times
(人同說)今我禱告。
H: Today I'll pray

(合)上帝聽禱告,告別苦惱,
Together: God hears prayers, farewell frustration
(人說)今我無言地感激。
H: Today I am speechless in thanksgiving
(天使說)祂看靈魂極寶貴。
A: Souls are precious to Him
(人說)聽侯神為我指引。
H: I am listening for God to guide me
(天使說)縱軟弱,
A: Even if you're weak
(人說)祂擁抱!
H: He can hold you
(天使說)靠著神,
A: rely on God
(人說)總跨勝!
H: you can get through
(人說)上帝恩典藉教一生也願宣告!祂聽禱告。
H:  I will announce God's grace in this life! He hears prayers
(人說)上帝恩典藉教蒼生也願宣告!祂聽禱告。
H: I will announce God's grace for all eternity! He hears prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment